All About the Hosts: Anthony


Hi! Yes, that was a sentence fragment, I think. Meg, was it? Anyway, I'm Anthony and I suppose we should introduce ourselves. I'll be posting a few relevant things on here at some point, I'm sure. :)

Name: Anthony DiGeorgio

Age: 22

City of Residence: Palm Bay Florida

Home Church: Bowe Gardens Baptist Church

Church where my heart is: Ekklesia ;)

Plans for the future: School, work, church - so on.

Favorite Pizza topping: Cheap pizza? Pepperoni. Good stuff: Italian Sausage.

Is there something others would say you say too much? Perhaps

Where you feel God is calling you: Ministry - other than that, I am honestly not sure. I know He wants me to help my friends start this church and stick with it for a while, but I could see Him using me for missions before or after Ekklesia.

Bad habit: Getting distracted in the middle of conversations. Oh - shiny!

Pet Peeves: Dirty dishes, dirty floors, misspelled words, chat speak, persistent tapping noises, Sponge Bob, Pastors who think their jokes are original (not mine, of course) ;), children who have never swept or washed dishes, books that aren't straight, books that aren't the same size mixed up, books that are paperback mixed with books that are hardback, people who clean with dirty rags or sponges, mopping before you sweep... the list goes on. ;)

Bad online habit: Using too many ellipses. (a series of periods: ...)

If you had one super power, what would it be? The ability to edit anything published on or offline. Anything, so it can be done right.

Something people don't think or know about you after they meet you? I'm a huge sports fan. I love football the most, but follow basketball, baseball and some hockey during their seasons. The draft (NFL) starts this Thursday (it is Sunday) and I already have goosebumps.

Is there something you do that you wish you could change? Often I say things in a way that people take wrong. It could be because of how I word it, or the tone of my voice - don't know for sure, but it happens often.

If there was one thing you want God to give you while you are on Earth, what is it? Understanding. Or, if you want a less serious answer: The continuation of the Lord of the Rings series. Perhaps a resurrection of JRR Tolkien?

If there is one thing in the average church today you could change, what would it be? Complacency and apathy into vigor and passion.

What did God use in your life to bring you to Him? In a word: Pizza

Life Verse: Psalm 16:8: I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

One thing you'd like people to know: Having a big nose does not make a person Jewish. Nothing is wrong with being Jewish (they are God's chosen people), but I am proud to be Italian. So no, before you ask, I'm not Jewish.

In your opinion, what is something missing in most Christians today? The type of love Paul spoke about in I Cor 13. The same love that Jesus talked about on many occasions. We have forgotten how to love, mostly because most of us have never been taught.

Mel Gibson or Kevin Costner: Mel Gibson (FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM) ;)
Cat or Dog: Dog
White or Black: I plead the Fifth. Can I do that? Am I being implicated? I know a lawyer.
Wood or Carpet (floors): Can I say wood, with the bedrooms carpeted? If not, carpet.
Intel or AMD: AMD, duh!
Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter: LOTR!
Angels or Demons: One word off from a terrible movie
Hymns or Contemporary: Both, used wisely
Whole or 2% Milk: Whole
White or red meat: White
Paper or Plastic: Plastic has handles, so it wins by default.
High heels or Flats: Depends on the dress I'm wearing

What is something you prayed for the last time you prayed? That I would be able to continue on the path He has laid for me without veering off course to find shortcuts or an easier route.

How 'bout a closing one-liner you know? To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.


Alright, I'm done. I just came up with all of those just while I was typing. Hopefully, this will help you get to know me, and hopefully there are people reading this that aren't my co-hosts. :) Hopefully my friends will be able post, too. I tried to keep questions about ourselves that we'll discuss on the podcast out.

In Christ's Love,
Anthony DiGeorgio

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Ekklesia: Authentic Church for Authentic Worship. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger